HEARTBREAK

7/23/2016

Hello! Sometimes I feel like I need to express myself, sometimes I feel like drawing, some other times I feel like writing, or reading. I hope you enjoy this little post about heartbreak.



"Albert Camus once wrote “Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken.” But I wonder if there’s no breaking then there’s no healing, and if there’s no healing then there’s no learning. And if there’s no learning then there’s no struggle. But struggle is a part of life. So must all hearts be broken?"  -One Tree Hill (tv show)
The other day I was going through a list of tv shows I have finished watching. I must say I have a long list. One of them is One Tree Hill. I personally really loved watching it and it taught me a lot of things to be honest. Then I remembered this reflexion a character made on what Albert Camus said. I think it is very interesting, I never thought of it that way. It gives you a lot to think about. If you have ever had your heart broken you know that it’s a terrible feeling, but if you think how much it has made you grow, how much you’ve learned; you have taken a couple of positive things from having a broken heart.
Oscar Wilde said: “The heart was made to be broken”
Here there are a couple of paintings inspired by heart break:
Camille on Her Deathbed by Claude Monet, 1879:
"This work of art is one of Monet's most powerful paintings of his wife, if not the most poignant; the canvas captures a real tenderness and unwavering love between Camille and Claude. Towards the end of her life, Camille suffered greatly from dyspepsia and other medical complications that followed the birth of her children. She dies at the age of 32, leaving Monet in a state of immense grief which he channeled into a complex piece of art."
To know more Monet's painting click here.
Romeo and Juliet: The Tomb Scene by Joseph Wright of Derby, 1790:
To know more about this painting click here.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post! I love doing this different random ones. Leave your thoughts below!

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

CHECK OUT MY TWITTER

CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM

Subscribe